Saturday 25 December 2021

Dilli Meri Jaan?

The capital of India, aka, Dillwalo ki Dilli or my birthplace is not just a U.T. but an emotion. From the street vendors to the lavish late-night parties, Delhi manages to fit the emotions and feeling of every person. I have experienced Delhi from the eyes of a party animal, from a kid seeking escape, and from a teen looking for peace. 

From different eyes to the nakabs, you can observe every emotion through the streets of Delhi. From Dear Donna to Jama Masjid, every festival is celebrated in the most prevalent way in Delhi. Whether it be the momos in East Delhi, the Chaap in West Delhi, the Chai from North, or the Shopping Sprees from South, this place can manage to cover every diversity. But sometimes the sawal, that whether I love Delhi or to gets stuck in my mind. 




Why Not Delhi?

Well, this might be an offensive question, but we all at some point think of leaving Delhi and shifting to some other state or country. Delhi is one of the most unsafe places for people in India. The traffic fights, rape, theft, poor air index makes Delhi unsafe. We hear cases of protests, huger, no light, water, kidnapping, murders every day. 


Being a girl, it becomes too unsafe for me to sometimes step out of my house without the thought of me being kidnapped by anyone. Thus, there is a natural tendency for parents to stop you from going out at night. Delhi might look like one of the most happening places in Delhi, but a closer look gives you why this should not be the place to stay. But this makes me think of a possible answer to the question, of why I still live in Delhi, why I still want to explore every part of Delhi?

Why Delhi is Still My Jaan?

The answer to this is simply because I love what this place gives me. From the metros to the street food, Delhi has every reason to hold my heart. Delhi has a place to offer me when I am sad, and a place to let be in my thoughts when I want peace. Delhi can be daunting to some people, but every time I step out of my house, I go with the thought of meeting a new person and interacting with their heart. The rich heritage and the sunsets make my heart melt. 

My mom still tells me about the time when I was so devastated about not seeing a Santa Claus, and they took me to every possible place just to make me see a Santa. In the end, the desire to see a Santa was fulfilled at a petrol station. This is why I love Delhi. The small moments and memories this place offers me cannot be matched to anything.
In cabs, autos, or metros you get to meet the most random people who have the best stories to share with you. The rickshaw bhaiyas are too helpful and can make your ay ten times better with the  90s music remix. The metros are not just a place of chaos but also a place with different types of people. You could spot an old couple helping each other get a metro, a slump trying to catch the metro, or a boy reading book. Every interaction I have done with a stranger has been so pleasing that it makes my heart melt.

From  Ambience mall to Sarojini Nagar very Gaali in Delhi has a different story to offer you! Can't decide if I love or hate Delhi, but I am just too content to be at a place that can understand my every emotion.

For more such stories, subscribe to this blog!
Thank you for reading, write to me at @poorvik35@gmail.com

With love Dilliwali <3

3 comments:

  1. Cutest shit i have read in a while:)) Great work <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a time where we can't step out as much as we want to, this gave me a smile by just reminding me of how beautiful our city is 🥰

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

Chill It Out