Monday 15 January 2024

Creating “Home” in a New City

What’s the startup pack for creating a place called “home” in a new city?

  • Creating a comforting place
  • Searching nostalgia
  • Looking for a food that smells like home


But how do you find these things in a place that is the hub for technology and people running from one place to another? That was my concern when I entered the City of Dreams. While keeping my baggage in the cab, a thought came into my head. But the fear of the “new city” kept me controlled. 


While zoning out into the array of songs, I missed most of Bangalore’s traffic. But as soon as I entered the campus, I was greeted with people dolled up for celebrations. I looked at them, then stared back at me and found I was too underdressed for this place. 


Alliance seemed like a massive land with new faces where I kept searching for acquaintances. After managing to get angry on the very first day, I ate some food and met the people who helped me create my comfort place. 


After the hectic settling-in, a new week started off, with classes that felt like a whole new world for me. Being taught everything that I wanted to learn from my undergrad was one of the best feelings. With assignments and class discussions, this feeling passed away a few times but regained when I thought about the ultimate goal. 


While my search for nostalgia was ending with the thought that I would not find someone who loves Delhi as much as I do, I found people who made me nostalgic. Whether it be the songs or the “vibe” we created, it felt like a part of my life at home came back again. My search for home-cooked food has been made better with the smiles at Nescafe. Although there have been ups and downs in this journey, I come back every day to this place called Ghar




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Chill It Out